Friday, December 16, 2005

Writing about Nothing

The end is near...

The semester is over.

May the name of the Lord be praised.

One project left to go and my academic career will be well on its way to temporary completion.

I realize, apart from my lack of time, that I have not been blogging due to my lack of interesting things to say. I could, like some (none, of course, who are reading this) have had profuse verbal diarrhea and spouted off whatever I could possibly muster. However, I didn't have time for that. I am glad, though, to be not writing anything academic currently. Who do I have to impress at this massive third place called the Internet? No one. That's the beauty of a third place.

One of the difficulties I have in maintaining this blog is a clear lack of purpose. I feel as though I need to be building up to...something. Some grand saying or narrative that will change your or my life(s). Although, when I tried that, say, at my other blog, it failed miserably.

Maybe now that classes are over, I'll have more to write about. Although, I'll be starting on my to-be daughter's nursery soon...so maybe not.

1 comment:

Jason said...

"Diarrhea" is a word that people need to use more often.